This is largely a bug fix release, patching a problem that was introduced in 1.23 that could affect the encoding of ASN.1 bit strings.
Other fixes include:
- OpenPGP Secret key rings now parse key rings with user attribute packets in them correctly.
- OpenPGP Secret key rings now parse key rings with GPG comment packets in them.
- X509Name and X509Principal now correctly handle BitStrings.
- OpenPGP now correctly recognises RSA signature only keys.
- When re-encoding PGP public keys taken off secret keys getEncoded would sometimes throw a NullPointerException.
- A basic PKCS12 file with a single key and certificate, but no attributes, would cause a null pointer exception.
- Signature verification now handles signatures where the parameters block is missing rather than NULL.
- Lightweight CBCBlockCipherMac was failing to add padding if padding was being explicitly provided and data length was a multiple of the block size.
- ZIP compression in PGP was failing to compress data in many cases.
- Signatures were occassionally produced with incorrect padding in their associated bit strings.
- An encoding error introduced in 1.23 which affected generation of the KeyUsage extension.
As usual, this can be downloaded from http://www.bouncycastle.org/